Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bananas and concubines

What did Thailand's King Narai and Israel's King Solomon have in common?

After exploring King Narai's throne hall, I made my way to the living quarters of his women. My mind was prepared for large, cavernous remains; half-expecting a dusty, out-of-tune grand in the midst. I was both surprised and disappointed. The place looked like a row of classrooms. Ah well, they were minor wives. A Hanging Gardens of Babylon replica, no matter how skeletal it's imagined to be, was too much digression. The renovation at some parts nudged me all the more back to the present.

But not for long. Towards the end of and opposite the quarters I found something I have never seen before:

Could King Narai's concubines be as numerous as these?

My outdated camera went bananas...
The entire bunch looks bent on lengthening down. Stretch, blossom, wither to the ground. Take my kiss back to Mother Earth, will you?

See more worlds at
brought to you by the MyWorld team:
Klaus Sandy Wren Fishing Guy Sylvia

7 comments:

  1. Hazel: That is truly amazing, a whole lot of fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. What a find. It's amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! what kind of banana produces that much fruit at one time :D

    My entry is at http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots. That is very huge, never seen anything like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pssst... I love your title post. Hehehehe!I wonder what kind of fertilizer they use, and what if they ripen at the same time? And look at those blossoms, they're growing at the bottom?
    This is sure one special banana specie. Good one, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's amazing. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!
    Never seen such a banana tree
    looks very funny :-)
    I 'm just eating a banana ..... LOL(its the truth !!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...