1. Food, glorious food! Was it the new year or what... maybe the holiday cheer easily satisfied my palate. The restaurants met my culinary expectations so well. It's great not to mind the expanding waistline. That can be easily solved with work.
2. Meeting family and friends at the beach. We had lovely chat over an abundance of seafood. My cousins' kids surprised me with their sizes and heights. They're all growing like wild bamboos.
3. Location of our hotel was where much of the new year action was. Countdown was awesome. I was grinning ear to ear watching everyone hugging everyone when the clock struck 12. The crowd was 95% Caucasian. Auld Lang Syne played in my head after we chorused Happy New Year!
4. No more weekly commutes. After much drama, Ceejay now stays with me full-time. And that means I no longer have to travel 2 hours both ways each week to fetch Ceejay from his Dad's. There are worries about living arrangements but we are trying to sort them out within 3 months. I am determined to take advantage of our time together: more hugs, kisses and interaction.
5. Making plans that make me happy. I can't wait to execute them. At last with the ex out of the way I can raise Cj the way I want and think best.
Susanne hosts Friday's Fave Five. Visit her at Living to Tell the Story for more faves or to join.