Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Secret Garden


There was no other reason why I tried Secret Garden. The name. I first noticed it in a Central World directory; forgot it, remembered it, forgot it again until last week in Siam Paragon while waiting for doors to open for the Twilight premiere. I'm not sure if this is a branch of the one in Sathon that everyone is talking about. As it appeared right in front of me while I wandered, and because I promised myself I would try the place, I got in. I was imagining a garden setting and a secret door.


Ahhh... too much novel reading. I sorted my order: pomegranate iced tea (which was too sour for my taste), and warm chocolate with vanilla ice cream and strawberry sauce, which I loved.


Coconut milk was evident in the warm chocolate cake. At least that's what I thought and I did enjoy it.


The only thing I didn't quite like were the backless chairs. I had to be seated in one as the couches were for four persons or more. Next time I will invite some friends to try the signature restaurant in Sathorn with me. I heard the decoration style is reminiscent of a lovely English tea room.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place. There's a teahouse in Vancouver with the same name!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a mixed bag. always interesting to finding a new place

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very special place to have some lovely desserts. I wouldn't care for a backless chair either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see what you're saying about the backless chairs - no opportunity to get comfortablly lean back! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, man! that warm chocolate sounds super-tempting right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like backless chairs either, but I would sit on one for chocolate cake and ice cream!
    Have a great day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a neat place though backless chairs is indeed uncomfortable. They should upgrade on that part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. look like a fun place. the desserts look good. it would be cool to bring a novel along, and nibble on your dessert while reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The backless chairs do compromise the comfort level of that place. But the food looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sweet place to relax and read books...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Calling by from the ABC Wednesday photo meme, you will never guess where I posted about on my travel Tales blog today, Siam Paragon! What a coincidence and you are a book blogger as well, off to add you to my blogroll straight away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the look of it, I can taste sweetness and yumminess. The plating is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...