Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Whittard of Chelsea


Whittard of Chelsea is one of Bangkok's many tea rooms. Walter Whittard founded Whittard of Chelsea in 1886. The first Whittard shop is said to have opened in London and then moved to Chelsea. That's probably how of Chelsea came to be part of the full name. They have several branches in Thailand. Life Center lists seven in Bangkok. I'm not sure if there might be a few more in cities where tourists flock like Pattaya, Huahin, Chiangmai or Phuket.  This branch a friend and I went to is in Siam Paragon. We didn't plan on relaxing here. It just happened to be right in front of us when we felt like having tea so in we went. Now I remember how comfy being seated in here was compared to that place I recently went to.


Ah, here comes the Waitress of Whittard -


I didn't keep track of who ordered what. My best guess is that the praline and Moroccan mint are mine, while my friend had banana and carrot cupcake. She probably paired it with peppermint. We talked about approaching 40 and how fun aging beautifully could be. We tease each other 'old maid.' Now it looks like the title can be official. Old Maid, i.e. can't remember what we ate and drank.

But I do remember I loved the ambience.

13 comments:

  1. Like your Jane Austen quiz; how would you do with mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lovely place. And the cakes are mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorta funny, that aging thing. (And I'm pushing 60, so I can laugh...)
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me 40 isn't OLD!
    Take it from a real OLDIE...
    The tea room looks like a very inviting place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. teatime is fun, i feel royal when i go to tea time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't really developed a taste for tea. i drink tea every now and then after a really heavy dinner.:p

    i like the greenery--inspired by an English garden?:p

    W is for...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit ~ lovely photos ~

    (A Creative Harbor ~ aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

    Happy Holidays to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I'd love to go there!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a very refreshing ambiance to enjoy a cup of tee and a slice of cake.

    Wedding
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pushing 72, so I'm laughing too. But love tea rooms, and this one looks delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a nice afternoon with friends...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...