Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Records

In this post: Booking Through Thursday and Thursday Thirteen

"Do you keep a list of the books you’ve read? How? In a journal? Through one of the online services? If so, WHY? To keep good records for future reference? To make sure you don’t accidentally reread? If not, why not? Too eager to move on to the next book? Too lazy? Never thought to bother?"

I try. It's not just books I've read that I want to keep a record of but all that I have collected.  State of the Shelf is a page I made to keep track of my books and reading. Since then I have been to bookstores many times and bought a lot of books. The page needs updating.When I flew home this summer I found out one of my books is missing. My eyebrows clashed. I mean touch my designer shoes, NOT MY BOOKS. The theft made me decide to really get serious with a list. And I will.

Thursday 13:Books I recently bought and why


1. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus (John Gray) "it's the highest ranked work of non-fiction in the 90s," according to CNN on Wikipedia, and I'm the only one who has not read it
2. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (L. Frank Baum) for the kiddo, and I want to read J.T. Barbarese's introduction and notes
3. Postcards from Kitchens Abroad (Diane Holouige) because it talks about some of my favorite things to do - eat and travel
4. The Rule of Four (Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason) I want to see if I still have brains. Blurb says, "The Da Vinci Code for people with brains"
5. The Heart Garden (Janine Burke) the title interests me
6. Honour Among Thieves because I've never read a Jeffrey Archer
7. Secrets of the Code (Dan Burstein, ed.) interviews of scholars galore! and I want to compare what I learned from Bible classes with the thoughts and claims of experts. It keeps me saying, 'what?!' 'no...' 'you're kidding...' 
8. And Even Now I love old things; my copy is 1920
9. The Lincoln Lawyer I want to know what a "crime-writing genius" has to offer
10. Eating People is Wrong (Malcolm Bradbury) the title intrigues me and once again my love for old things - it's 1959
11. The Complete Book of Cookery (Anne Marshall, ed.) I can't resist a yummy cover
12. Timeline I've never read a Michael Crichton
13 The Richest Man in Babylon classic financial advice

6 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, I haven't yet read any of the titles on your list - including John Gray. I figured the title pretty well covered it all. LOL!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes lend books, so keeping track in a notebook would be helpful. I have so many books, in so many places in my home, that several could slip through the cracks!

    Here's MY BTT POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've kept a list on my blog every year since 2008, but I haven't always succeed in listing every book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed a couple of those myself.
    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reading list, thank you! I haven't read a single one of these books (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the first two books, but none of the others. I keep track of my books in an Excel spreadsheet. I only started doing it a couple of years ago, though. I wish I had done it sooner.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...