Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Famous dyslexics

Top Gun glamor Tom Cruise. Not new. Einstein, Currie, Edison. Entrepreneurs and nobel laureates - believable enough as research links dyslexia with high cognition and creativity. When Cher acted in the Mask as a mom who could not read, I didn't know she was also dyslexic in real life. Names like Kiera Knightley, Andy Warhol and George Washington made me go 'they too?' Now some 13 other biggies:


1. John Lennon. It was his voice singing "you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" I was hearing while traipsing the killing fields in Cambodia.

2. Nigel Kennedy.  ... all those violin music I have been fortunately subjected to lately

3. Leonardo da Vinci.  Just huge.

4. Pablo PicassoPortrait de la tante Pepa

5. Hans Christian Andersen.  Fairy tales are so alive in my world!

6. Agatha Christie. I wanna get my hands on The Body in the Library

7. Terry Goodkind, author of The Sword of Truth series.

8. F. Scott Fitzgerald. Hmnn... I have never finished reading The Great Gatsby

9. John Edmund Delezen. I play Eye of the Tiger when writing killer university exams

10. Fannie Flagg. I still have Fried Green Tomatoes. Unopened.

11. Philip Shultz, winner of the 2008 Pulitzer Prize for Poetry.

12. Patricia Polacco, children's author and illustrator

13. William Butler Yeats. I guess I will be austenuating 'a fire in my head' for awhile


Megan and Janet host Thursday 13

5 comments:

  1. An interesting conglomerate of dyslexics. In my opinion, you're not missing anything by not finishing The Great Gatsby. Much prefer other authos mentioned on your list, such as Amderson or Christie. Heck, I'd even subject myself to Yeats again before picking up TGG a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting list. I had no idea these people were dyslexic. And don't worry about Gatsby. There are plenty of things to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! My hubby is dyslexic and I'm going to share this with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I know about Tom Cruise but not the rest!
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...