He was already out biking. My heart danced at how normal a young boy's activity that can be. Grandma hollered, "CJ! your Mom's on the phone!" Pause - then it was a trumpeting sound on the line. He let me in on it: "my Ben 10 sword, Mommy." Oh, okay. I thought it was new year there already.
Quite a birthday. Quiet and controlled as I put together a few things that bind us -
A reading to commemorate CJ's eighth year -
and eight things I am thankful for:
In the stillness of midday, I smiled in gratefulness to God for carrying me this far in my role as a mother.
- reaching the eighth year in good health
- the opportunity to celebrate it
- big improvement on speech and motor skills
- having the means to provide for him
- feeling heaven's warmth on my tea table,
- which was filled with charm specially for the day,
- and being able to document it
- hearing "I love you Mommy"