Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mabsoot

Are you a mabsoot?  The world will most probably light up if you are. What makes you a mabsoot?


This blue sky holiday on a sunflower field made me go, "and I think to myself what a wonderful world!"  I was quite a mabsoot.


The Dalai Lama says "happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." I thought I would make a little experiment; see what would an action mean to me so off I shopped in Chatuchak, a huge weekend market known to bring seasoned shoppers to their knees.  I came home with sore feet, but thinking the Dalai Lama was right.

What really made me a mabsoot after shopping like a madwoman was my vintage loot.  It makes my heart dance as merrily as it did when I browsed the graveyard at St. Mary's church in the shadow of Scarborough Castle and found this -

“People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.”


That's Abraham Lincoln. And I tend to agree with him. Making up your mind to be happy is easy, and not as costly as shopping.

There's a Facebook page called Mabsoot. On its 'About' you will read that it's only for people of religion like laughter.  The page profile image made me laugh and decide that I'll be nothing else than a mabsoot today, and hopefully always.

You have figured out mabsoot already, haven't you? The Urban dictionary defines mabsoot as a happy person. The origin is Arabic and why they say it's commonly used in Hebrew slang, I don't know, don't care. It's just nice to be a mabsoot.

ABC Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. What a great word and post. The first photograph made my heart sing. Carver, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a marvelous post!!! I knew mabsoot from the Hebrew - although my understanding of the Hebrew is that it is more 'happy contentment' than happy - although I am NO expert.

    I loved the peace, humor, and whimsy of this post and I leave mabsoot with a warm smile and happy contentment! Thanks and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a terrific word, and a great state to be in.
    your post made a mabsoot out of me.:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the time I'm a mabsoot. I find Eyeore-type people hard to take. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe I am a mabsoot. An odd-sounding word for such a positive state of mind. Being a mabsoot is certainly better than being the opposite...what would that be, anyway? :D Have a marvelous mabsooty week!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  6. a MARVELOUS word
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this word. I like to think of myself as Mabsoot.
    Life is good and I am content.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard this word before. Thank you! I love to learn something new everyday! i have noticed that people seem the happiest when they make other s happy...
    i am your newest follower from the hop, pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. its my first time to hear mabsoot; its definitely refreshing to look at the images

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...