Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

No sense, no sensibility

I usually try not to begin my very first sentence with I. In blogging. The title of this post is borrowed. Now isn't that desultory? Today I ramble.

1. Burlesque is coming up on the big screen. A genius integrated my idol into the trailer.


2. I frequent this cafe in front of my workplace because of its English magazines. Beside my iced mocha, a recent Reader's Digest issue features the best universities in Asia (University of Hong Kong is top) and quotes the Microsoft chairman, "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."

3. "We are two of a kind, Hazel - ying and yang, but beautifully blended into one," wrote someone to me an hour ago.

4. Youtube user Niva20011 commented on a Khmer Rouge clip, "can you smoke (Pol) Pot?"

5. You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. Yoko Ono's husband's voice plays in my head when I remembered that I have forgotten to review The Killing Fields.

6. Last week I watched one sunrise at the world's largest religious site, Cambodia's Angkor Wat.
7. To a travel companion I mentioned one of the reasons why I divorced my husband: he didn't care that I wanted to date history with him by my side.

8. Little things, little moments when ignored could have disastrous consequences.

9. New year's eve: a friend and I were riding the skytrain when the clock struck 12. The plan was to witness countdown 2011 at Central World. At least the air was still smoking from the fireworks.

10. Both the Grand Hyatt and Intercontinental have closed for drinks. My consolation was going home to chat with someone I have not seen in 22 years. God I miss him.

11. On 1.1.11, single ladies at beachfront Hilton Huahin were treated to a night of lovely music.


12. That and then an asian kiwi drifted to our table. An old maid was pissed.

13. I drink to a good balance of sense and sensibility. Happy new year!

Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that video! Very nice list.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to visit Angkor Wat too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I envy you your travels.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...