Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

It's overrated

Musical Monday: It's a beautiful life, Ace of Base
Scroll down for Monday Mayhem

The truth is I am hanging in suspense right now and there is a cloud of worry above my head. I don't particularly enjoy it but I know I'll get through it and that's what I like about all this. A self-imposed dose of optimism today, I hope you like it.



Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday

XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice host Monday's Music Moves Me

Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop

***********
Monday Mayhem: The overrated
1. Name a restaurant that is over-rated? Any restaurant you have to wait an hour to get into

2. What food is over-rated? That christmas party valenciana I tasted in 5th grade.

3. Name an experience that you have had that is/was over-rated? My marriage. Thank God it's over.

4. What celebrity is over-rated? Paris Hilton and all of them who claim they want privacy but whose faces are splashed across glossy magazine pages all the time

5. What movie is/was over-rated? Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

6. What famous person is over-rated? Sarah Palin

7. Would you rather be over-rated or under-rated? Just normal

8. What or who is the most over-rated thing in the world? Bought academic titles. God, these morons here can't even recognize a null hypothesis and they have the guts to expect people to address them 'Doctor'

9. Is there something that your S.O. (spouse etc ) likes a lot that you think is over-rated? Idealized concept of repeated procreation


Harriet hosts Monday Mayhem

17 comments:

  1. Cool song, and thanks for playing along with us today. Hope you had time to vote for me when you stopped by. So you have a great day, and thanks again. Hope to see you next week too! Following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly, I'm going back to your place after overtime work in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on #4..

    Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful choice! This is a song that I turn to, when in clouded situations. Hopefully all your worries will be blown away soon. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, glad there's another who thinks the same way :)

    Rosidah, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Ace of Bass. Now there's a blast from the past! I haven't heard that song in ages!

    You are so right about any restaurant that you have to wait an hour to get in is completely over-rated.

    UGH. Sarah Palin and Paris Hilton. Aren't their 15 minutes up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I forgot to thank you for the MM shout out! Sorry, Sarah Palin and Paris Hilton distracted me.

    You Rock, mama! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea! We both said Palin. Great minds... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, Palin and Hilton, sometimes I end up laughing at the comedy that they have seemed to become.

    Bud, aren't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard that Ace of Bass song in ages! It does help with that self-imposed dose of optimism... :)

    MMMM: Chaos and Fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel;

    I had completely forgotten this song. ALWAYS makes me want to dance! Thank you for my work out this AM.
    Hope everything turns out just the way you want it to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'these morons here can't even recognize a null hypothesis'

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A dose of optimism does help and I hope the circumstances will turn out well.

    glad you are dancing with us today!

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm pretty sure Sarah was the over-rated winner this week.

    Thanks for playing.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been ages since I've heard Ace of Base, talk about memories. I used to listen to them all the time... thanks for posting it.
    I laughed your answers, I agree about Paris Hilton, but I actually think she's a has-been. I think the current over-rated celebrities are the Kardashians. HaHa :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the song. I haven't heard it before. Thanks for sharing. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely song :)))))
    You give me a good mood !!!!

    (hugs )

    Kareltje =^.^= Betsie >^.^<

    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´Anya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...