Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Jane Austen Jigsaw Puzzle

"Oh Mary! ... find some useful employment!" ~ Mrs Bennet, Pride and Prejudice


Jane Austen's 500-piece 18" x 14" jigsaw puzzle looks to me like one heck of useful entertainment. The moment I saw it on a shelf by the check out counter of Asia Books, I decided it was mine even before I read the blurb -

"Settle down for a cozy afternoon with this literary-minded puzzle. Cleverly packaged in a booklike box... it features illustrations from the Regency Era paired with quotes from Jane Austen's beloved novels."


Alas! I have had the misfortune of not having touched this most prized possession since I bought it last year. Therefore this is one good reason to look forward to rainy afternoons at home on that russet hardwood dining table. If only I were home.

16 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a J. You win the prize for today I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but you took it out for this week's post.:p
    i used to enjoy jigsaw puzzles...then i got busy with life. maybe i should get a smaller one this weekend.:p

    ABC Wednesday: J is for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only there were enough hours in the day! I picture it being completed in a gracious room with a fire burning in the grate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get JAZZED doing jigsaw puzzles, but my office mate likes to do the 1000-piece puzzles!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your completed project.
    Doing a snippet of the puzzle here and ther will eventually get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jigsaws are most definitely useful entertainment! And this one looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting busy with such a hobby like solving a jigsaw puzzle can eat up all your time. once you start it, you want to get it done asap. i can only do around 20 pieces ... quite big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to do Jigsaw Puzzle aside from it passes time, it also helps keep the mind sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. jigsaw puzzles make my mind work, it is also a good form of entertainment when having visitors around :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting puzzle. I'm sure the Austen book lovers would love to get a hold of this puzzle. It would be a treat discovering the quotes from their favorite novels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go ahead and finish the puzzle. Show us your masterpiece okay? Hope that it will be challenging enough for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks good, I love Jane...probably would buy something my kids could relate to though...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice!! I'd like to look forward to your next updates about this. I envy you, i don't have that patience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun puzzle idea and great choice for J week. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. How could you leave such lovely pieces? :P Do show when you get to finish this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love puzzles! I solve 1000-piece jigsaws and glad to know my daughter got the interest. That looks nice, and easy.... well except for that pink part. It's hard when all you got are pieces of same color. I also still have one 1000-piece puzzle here, chocolates!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...