Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Songkran in Huahin


Thailand has just concluded Songkran (traditional Thai New Year), which is celebrated on April 13-15.  The festival has many fun features, most significant of all is water.  People are out on the streets getting drenched, dancing, eating, greeting each other a happy new year. This is a scene in Huahin last week. Hilton Hotel is behind that old house which is actually a bar. Behind it is Hard Rock Cafe, and the opposite side are an assortment of shops and restaurants.  White foreigners participate in this event too as you can see.  They have as much fun as the locals.
   


My World Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the My World Team Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy, Sylvia

7 comments:

  1. It is so similar to our Holi festival. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish our New Year was not such a night only party. If you don't do the bar, dance or party scene New Years comes and goes without even being noticed. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back to read more on your blog.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat - somehow, I missed knowing about this new year before and this year, I have read (and heard) lots about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image of the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed our Thai Festival! I would have enjoyed the festivities and food!

    Laagan man gud ko Haz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The festival looks like a fun event. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...