Less than 24 hours after sharing last week's highlights, my next set of faves was guaranteed. And weekend wasn't even over yet. I don't know what I did to deserve it but I'm thankful -
1. Church. I went. Really. A friend suggested it and I made a snap decision to go. Something became clear to me again: the reason I insist on having a day off work in a week is to calm down from it all. No matter how seldom, it's good to recharge spiritual batteries.
2. Hearty lunch at an elegant Thai restaurant with an international menu. We had lasagna, avocado salad with cantaloupe in oil and vinegar dressing, banoffee cheesecake, etc. The bonus? Stairs up for grabs: cost effective for calorie-burning.
3. Dasa is a second-hand book store with a coffee shop on its second floor. There were several titles I liked. It's gonna be a new haunt certainly.
4. Peterson Gallery. Priced from $2,000 to $163,000 - pianos galore! Once in awhile I wander into places like this. And I fancy another trip.
5. A call from the land of castles and crumpets. It came over dinner of fried noodles, chicken and shitake mushroom. While sipping my kiwi juice, an earlier mix-up of numbers was affectionately explained to me. Twas a sweet ending to a perfect beginning of a fab week.
See more faves @ Susanne's Living to Tell the Story