1. Paying attention to my nook on its wakey mode. Monday I arrived at work an hour early. Brown birds were chattering precociously on the still-empty parking lot. The gardener's dog was munching a rubber slipper behind the gate. The place smelt like it had never known pollution of any kind. I liked what I witnessed.
2. Multi-lingual multi-tasking:
- ears listening to an earphone song, nakalimutan mo na bang tumawa? (have you forgotten to laugh?)
- fingers composing a text message, nikaon na si CJ? (has CJ eaten yet?)
- eyes scanning a PR paper, "... government to mobilize resources for defense and military establishments"
- mouth clarifying instructions, mai ao tini; song akhan sippeht (I don't want it here. Send it to Bldg. 18)
*Three languages, one dialect lasting less than 3 minutes. I thought it was fun.
3. Apple pie with warm custard sauce; beef cheese tacos garnished with tomatoes and cilantro eaten over good conversation with a girl friend
4. A friend emailed how his little relatives 'came tearing through his house unannounced.' The upside was getting a butterfly kiss from 3-year old Olivia.
5. Bonus at the hair saloon. I was there for a routine shampoo and blow dry. But a saloon professional went the extra mile by giving me a head massage as well.
For more or to join, head over to Susanne's Living to Tell the Story.